Sunday, October 08, 2006

So long for now

Being alone is the thing I’m best at. Togetherness is too much work and so I uh…I’m leaving. I think you’ll understand when you find the letter I left under your windshield wiper. Really, it is for the best. I don’t want to go through the arguments and the boring dinners at your parent’s house and I can spare you from my grandfather’s 86th birthday party and the gravy dripping off his chin. We can save ourselves a lot of time and energy and heartache if we just end it now…oh, you were thinking the same thing? Well, let’s not get hasty…maybe we can work things out…maybe you not loving me will make me love you. Yeah, I think that’s how love works. It’s no good without the pain…ah, hell I’m just fucking with you…let’s go up to my bedroom and discuss this like two full grown naked adults…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...that sounds like my last few break ups. stop spying on me, dude.

Anonymous said...

that character changes his mind faster than a um .. um. Well, fast.

Anonymous said...

funny how true that really is