Friday, December 11, 2009

I was reading the paper and I did something I rarely do. I turned to the editorial page. Now, I should have just closed the paper and walked away but I couldn’t. There is something about the stupidity of the majority of the people that write to the editor that both angers me and inexplicably draws me in.

The first letter to the editor that I read was from a guy that was disputing global warming. He claimed that the environmentalists had lied and cost the US manufacturing jobs, had caused fuel prices to rise, and were somehow responsible for senior citizens getting their Medicare benefits cut. Uhm, okay. First of all can anyone give me a good explanation why scientists would make up the problem of rising temperatures on earth? Really, what do scientists have to gain by saying global warming will, if left unchecked, destroy our world?

I know damn well what the anti-climate control crowd’s agenda is. The higher ups want no regulation so they can make more money. They don’t give a fuck if it could possibly end life on earth. They just want to be able to buy a $10,000 shower curtain.

If we use green sources of energy it will create jobs. Wouldn’t it be nice to not be dependent on foreign oil and invest in green jobs here in the United States? Controlling climate change is not destroying jobs in the United States. Greed of the higher ups is killing jobs in the United States. More and more of the money from companies goes to those at the top until there is nothing left for those at the bottom. Then they move the company to a country where there are no regulations or labor laws and even more money goes to the pigs at the top. Irresponsible and greedy business models are what have killed manufacturing in the United States not regulations on greenhouse gas emissions and other pollution.

So, let me play devil’s advocate. Let’s say global warming is a farce. Do you think it would be good to let these companies run unchecked? Do you as a human being want to breath in all this shit even if it wasn’t causing global warming?

I think I will stick on the side of the scientists whose only agenda is to save the world. EVERY credible scientist--not those paid by the Bush administration to spread lies—agrees there is a climate problem here on earth and that we need to fix it. So, what I want to ask these “non-believers” is why? Why the hell would scientists make this up? You can’t possibly have a good answer because there are none.

No comments: