Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Killer Bees?

I awoke at 5:45 this morning to go do some cardio on the treadmill at the gym. Before I set off I let my dogs out and got myself a water bottle and filled it. When I called my Chihuahuas in Burma came right away but Uma was nowhere to be found. I went out on the deck and saw her down below near my driveway. She was contorting and jumping around. I ran down to her. She was being attacked by some sort of bee that kept on stinging her and stinging her and was more ferocious than any bee I’d seen before. I picked her up and carried her to the deck and knocked the bees off of her. She screamed like a person.

Inside I laid her on her bed and called the vet. He told me to give her children’s Benadryl and call him later to let him know how she was doing. After giving her the Benadryl I tried to pick her up but she was in too much pain so I had to just let her lie. Luckily she got in her carrier and I was able to bring her to work and keep an eye on her in case she had an allergic reaction. She is still sore but doing better.

I unloaded one can of Wasp and Bee killer on those fuckers this morning and this afternoon after work I’m going to buy about five cans of the stuff and annihilate every single one of them. I hope they all die a slow painful death. I’m wondering if they’re not some sort of killer bee. I’ve never seen anything like them before…

2 comments:

Penny said...

Poor little Uma!!! I hope she recovers quickly. That's horrid! I read that only honeybees and some other brand of evil lose their stingers and all the rest of those buggers can sting until the cows come home. Ugh. Poor little girl.

The Cuke said...

Those fuckers! Poor little Uma. I hope she's doing well now.