Thursday, August 13, 2009

Anyone that knows me or has read this blog knows that I hate aggressive drivers. I don’t like the fact that they are putting my safety in jeopardy because they feel like tail gaiting me or are too impatient to wait to pass and cut me off. So, last night I was coming off the on ramp and merging onto another road. Some jerk in a utility van—who by the way was riding my ass—tried to come off the on ramp and pass me as I was merging into the left lane. He couldn’t wait for me to merge he had to try to pass me. Needless to say the prick almost hit me. As a rule I rarely get angry when driving but sometimes I do lose my cool. This was one of those times. I could see him coming up around me screaming and yelling. He pulled up beside me and I flipped him off. He looked somewhat surprised that I was built like I am. I think he expected some wimp to be driving a Prius. Wrong.

Can anyone explain to me what has happened to human beings? So many of us seem to be assholes now. Is it the chemicals in the environment? Is it the increasing heat of the earth? What the fuck is it?

1 comment:

The Cuke said...

I have no idea what the fuck it is.
But let me tell you - I FUCKING HATE shitty drivers. Stupid fucking drivers all over the place. I often become angry and irate at the stupidity I witness. Yesterday it was the same stupid play as always - a lot of traffic on a three lane highway - the middle lane for left turns only. I'm coming out of a grocery store parking lot, turning right. There are a alot of cars, but I see there's a small break that I could make. In the back of my mind I was aware of someone in the left turn lane, to the left of the driveway I was leaving, but facing the direction I was about to be driving in. Being the cautious and knowledgeable driver that I am, I waiting an extra second to re-evaluate the rest of the vehicles. This guy in the left-turn lane merges into the lane I was about to turn into. Once again these people think they can turn left onto the middle lane and wait for the other lane of traffic to clear. They don't seem to get that the middle lane is NOT a "sit until all is clear" lane. It's a fucking LEFT TURN LANE. If you're not making a LEFT TURN from the LEFT TURN LANE then DON'T FUCKING USE IT! If I hadn't been paying attention to him (anticipating idiocy from all other drivers) he could have hit me as I was driving out of the parking lot onto the road.
Sons of bitches.