Monday, June 26, 2006

Flea

Last night I was petting my Chihuahua Flea and I found a big lump on his neck next to his vocal cords. He’s been wheezing for the past six months or so and the first thing that came to mind was that he might have cancer. I thought, damn it might have gone to his lungs.

The vet was worried when he felt the lump and whisked him off for X-rays and a biopsy. I sat in the examination room thinking maybe he didn’t have long to live. I’d miss him more than I would most people.

The vet came back and showed me the X-rays. Flea’s lungs were clear and it appeared that the lump in his neck wasn’t cancer but a seriously inflamed lymph node from an infection from a bite. Apparently his wheezing has something to do with his bad teeth and his nasal passages. He has only about five teeth left and tonight he’s going to get steak…

6 comments:

LE Sweetz said...

awwwww. *hugs* for Flea!

Jade said...

Don't forget to chew it for him first...hope he gets better soon!

The Cuke said...

whew. i knew the rat bastard had it in him to live. NO offense to the flea bag, of course.

Identity Crisis said...

I know what it is like to battle an infected bite. You sound like a tough dog...if there is such a thing!:}

Anonymous said...

wow, is this yet another effect of the bite from uma?

Anonymous said...

aww thats such great news..you must have been so worried :) I'm happy for you :)