Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yellow Bile

So, do you come here often? The reason I ask is because I don’t remember seeing you here before. It is possible that you’ve been here all along hiding in the shadows, taking it all in, wondering why in the Hell I do what I do? I guess it is. I would guess I’m not your first that you’ve been lurking in the shadows for some time, way before anything walked upright, long before combustible engines and waffle irons. I bet you still wear a chastity belt and that you still believe in the medieval theories of physiology that we are filled with the four humours: black bile, yellow bile, blood and phlegm. You would say I’m mostly filled with yellow bile, the humour associated with fire. That when I walked into the shadows to find you I lit the place up and that for once you could see. No, not because I hold any special powers but because I burned the curtains when I was lighting a joint with my Zippo…

3 comments:

LE Sweetz said...

mmm..bile.

awesome bit.

Identity Crisis said...

Yup, ya got me.

Anonymous said...

Can you do that one handed "flick the zippo open and light it in one fluid motion" move? That always quietly impresses me...