Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Roided Out

Well, it seems there has been another steroid bust here in the midstate. One of those arrested was a guy I went to high school with. He has been arrested numerous times for rape and drugs and god knows what else. If you went to Boiling Springs or Carlisle you will know whom he is. I won’t mention his name only because I don’t want people searching for him to end up on my blog. He is a sociopath and I do hope he remains in jail for a long time. He is the sort of person who will end up killing someone if he is on the streets. Evidently he and his ex-wife were injecting clients with steroids in their gym. I personally couldn’t give a shit if people take steroids. Although I’ve never taken them I think it is a personal decision that the government has no right to intervene in. They are however illegal and to see this cocksucker go down is a good thing. He could be in for 30 years.

Another one of those arrested was a guy I’ve known casually for over ten years. I knew him well enough to say hi to him in the gym and he referred clients to me. I suspected in the past he took steroids because he got pretty big for a while. He is a college basketball coach. Hmm, do you think he might have been giving some of the steroids to his players? The funny thing is with all these steroids going around you would expect to see a bunch of huge guys walking around the gym. I am usually very surprised to find that a certain person is on or has taken steroids. The results you would expect just aren’t there. These people expect to get huge taking steroids and putting minimal effort in at the gym. It doesn’t work that way. I’m much stronger and more muscular than most of these guys in my gym that take drugs. I’m not bragging. What I’m saying is that steroids aren’t a miracle drug. You have to eat right, sleep right, take the right supplements, do your cardio, know how to workout and on and on and on. Sure, there are some people that can take steroids and get huge without doing everything properly but they are the exception. For most people steroids are a short cut to mediocrity. People want a quick fix and they don’t want to put in the effort and no matter what you take this is never a recipe for success…

No comments: