Friday, October 30, 2009

My First Memory

My first memory came when I was two years old. I had watched Superman on TV and wanting to emulate him I tied a towel around my neck and ran around the house. When I reached my parents bedroom I would dive onto their bed as if I were flying. I did this over and over again. I guess I got tired because on my final attempt at flying I underestimated the distance to the bed and flew right into the metal railing on the side. My two front teeth got knocked out. I remember seeing them lying bloody on the floor.

For four years I didn't have front teeth which made eating an apple nearly impossible. Oh, and my next memory is of going to the dental surgeon. In fact it had such an impact on me that when I drive down Front Street in Harrisburg I can still pick out the building which housed the dental surgeon's office...

No comments: