Thursday, March 26, 2009

I was on the treadmill at 6 AM this morning talking to a friend/client of mine. We got into a heated discussion about a mutual friend of ours who thinks she is an expert on everything and tries to undermine my advice. I started letting a few fucks and bitches fly. My voice wasn’t particularly loud, just a normal speaking voice which has to be raised slightly to compensate for the din of the treadmill motors. As our conversation continued I noticed a woman working out in front of us with her boyfriend and she was giving me disapproving glances. She was dressed in her cute little black Capri pants, stylish sneakers, windbreaker, and her blond hair was pulled in a ponytail through the back of a baseball hat. I wanted to get off the treadmill and smack her.

Why are people so concerned with what other people are saying? To be absolutely honest with you I have no idea what other people’s conversations are about in the gym because I am concentrating on working out or training clients. I don’t care what people say as long as they’re not interrupting me. I think part of my point here should be that a lot of people in the gym aren’t there with the primary goal of working out. They are there to wear their fashions and sit on machines and try to look cool. It is about image and not about substance.

I had dream two nights ago that I won the lottery and opened a mega gym. All the scammers and weasels associated with the gym business were not allowed anywhere near the place. Oh, and you know the lady that was giving me dirty looks? I would have revoked her membership in two seconds. The gym is a place to work out, not to wear your latest fashion trends. So get the fuck out if you don’t want to hear people grunt and swear. I worked out long before you did and I will work out long after that outfit—which you will give to GoodWill in two months—is being worn by an African villager who bought it second hand.

2 comments:

Penny said...

If you can haul yourself out of bed and be on the treadmill at 6 am, you have earned the right to let the f bomb fly.

The Cuke said...

Goddamn right.