Thursday, March 19, 2009

The closest I felt to God was not on a mountaintop, after a car crash or even in a church. The closest I felt to God was in my hallway at home. First of all I have to write a disclaimer. I’m not even sure God exists but let’s assume he does. When I felt closest to God was after I’d been dabbling with different substances during a party at my parent’s house. I remember standing at the end of the hallway and suddenly everything went black and I was standing in a cave and at the end of this cave there was a valentine heart. The heart was beating and in-between every beat I saw the word death. I told God I would never do this crap again if I could get out of that cave--for a while I couldn’t get out and my panic level rose to full fledged terror. I was sure I was going to die but then a tear appeared above the heart and blues sky and sunlight poured in and the cave disappeared. Actually, I’m not sure God helped me but I do know I was damn glad to be out of that cave…

No comments: