Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Okay, I was going to promise not to complain about people at the gym but its fun so I’ll keep doing it. Last night, after my workout, I went to sit at one of the tables in the gym. These tables are for eating and sitting to read and drink protein drinks and so forth. Well, since it is winter lazy people in the gym have decided to use the chairs at the tables for coat racks. This is particularly annoying when trying to find a place to eat your dinner, which is what I have to do when I’m done working out and I have clients afterwards. Anyway, I couldn’t find one open chair despite all the tables being open. So, I took a skanky old Eagles jacket off a chair and laid it on a chair next to it.

About five minutes later a 65 year old woman came up and snatched the Eagles jacket and under her breath says, “You could have put the goddamn jacket on the back of the goddamn chair.”

Now, I’m not some puny little punk. I’m not huge, but I am five feet eight inches tall and weighed 194 that day and am very lean right now so I look pretty darn big. Especially to a woman this approximately 5 foot four and weighs 90 lbs.

I get up out of my chair and walk over to where she is standing by the door. I said, “Listen, those chairs aren’t coat racks. You’re supposed to put your coat in a locker.”

She snapped at me, “Well, everyone else puts their damn jackets there!”

I so wanted to go off on her but I had to remain calm. “Well, they’re not supposed to put their jackets there. And for your information I didn’t move your jacket (I lied).”
“Well, someone moved my jacket!”

“Maybe that filthy fucking jacket has so much bacteria on it that it got up and moved itself you old bitch.”

Okay, I only thought that last line. I was smart enough to walk away despite being slightly irritable from dieting down. I want to ask: what the fuck is up with people?

2 comments:

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ty bluesmith said...

you shoulda said it.