Sunday, May 04, 2008

So, I pull out of the Hess station on Derry Street. The light changes from red to green. I need to get into the left lane but it is jammed so I slowly try to work my way into the lane. Momentarily I have to sit in the right lane and other cars can’t get by. Immediately some cocksucker starts laying on his horn. About five seconds later I pull into the left lane and traffic starts moving. The guy that was behind me drives up beside me and yells into my window, “You fucking asshole.” To top off his tirade he flips me off. Now, anyone that knows me knows that I don’t like aggressive drivers. I find it ironic how tough these people are when they are encased in a couple tons of steel and speeding by you. I wanted more than anything to cut him off and beat his face in but I’m older and mature now and so I waved to him but deep inside I was rearranging his nose.

This incident and other similar incidents have made me wonder if my liberal presidential bumper sticker makes me a target for aggressive redneck types. I hope they don’t think that just because I’m not greedy and or/stupid, that I don’t think I need guns (though I have some that I will gladly donate to melt down into wheelchairs for people in third world countries) or that I haven’t found Jesus (Though I am looking. I think he might be in my glove compartment) that I am some sort of coward. They would be mistaken.

No comments: