Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I watched a show on the History Channel about what will happen to the earth when man dies out. In a way it was disturbing, seeing all the great buildings fall and all the roads grow over with grass and trees but in another way it was quite peaceful. I imagined myself walking through the ruins of our great cities, the skies cloudless and blue, the nights deep and dark and unbent by artificial light. I could imagine the silence would be beautiful; no more Harley Davidson engines echoing off the city buildings, no more jets screaming throught the sky overhead, no more tractor trailer brakes hissing on the highways. I thought I’d like to be the last man to survive and watch the man made world crumble around me. What a beautiful world it would be...

3 comments:

{illyria} said...

very beautiful. and freeing. i'm thinking of "i am legend" now.

Anonymous said...

imagine how quiet it would be. ahhh quiet.

Identity Crisis said...

It is a thought I think we all share. We are supposedly social beings, who crave the company of others, but we all secretly wish to have the world to ourselves...to be the last one standing.