Saturday, January 28, 2006

Snared

In the depths of the opening line and somewhere along the way I lose my nerve. I stutter and then quip and then fall completely on my face. You tell me that “it” will be all right and I believe you for a moment until you walk away into the cloud of dust that was kicked up by my fall. I roll over on my back and look up at the cracks on the ceiling, reach in my mini-cooler, remove a cold one (a bunny I’ve snared) and rip its head off with my porcelain vampire teeth. I pour out its blood and replace it with beer, tape the head back on and put it back in the cooler. It’s going to be a very long trip…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you snare a legless bunny?

Kerouaced said...

Legless wasn't supposed to be in there!

Cindy-Lou said...

Mmm, vampire teeth....

{illyria} said...

i'm a whore for pretty porcelain.

Bookfraud said...

lucky bunny, filled with brew. going to have a long life in the year of the dog.