Monday, July 11, 2005

Lie to me

Tell me that the things that matter aren’t lost, that kindness isn’t dead, that a smile is more important than a profit, that you will be there forever, that your words are worth more than the lies they’re printed on. On second thought don’t lie to me, let the mountains deflate like punctured lungs, let the seas evaporate like Viking spit on a hot hearth stone, let the roads curl like sapling bark in a great nuclear fire, and please please let me go. I don’t remember why I’m HERE anymore but I think once it had something to do with being me and now I don’t even know who me is anymore. Either I’ve lost my way or the world has. Funny I don’t feel any different. Maybe, just maybe it’s time to pull the plug on this great experiment, to admit that it will never work, to admit that people are their own worst enemy and we deserve ourselves until this violent end comes…nah, that’s too easy. Drink another beer and watch me blur, my image getting fainter and fainter…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very deep, my friend.

Cindy-Lou said...

Now I have Depeche Mode stuck in my head.

{illyria} said...

or maybe we just pick ourselves up and try walking the other direction.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna let that sink in some more.

Dave Morris said...

This is very thought provoking, and particularly poignant considering where my life is right now. Thanks.

The Cuke said...

admiting defeat is hard..