Wednesday, May 25, 2005

See Ya

You of course do understand why I shut the door, barred it with a railroad tie, propped a Buick up against it, and stacked cases of TNT at the base. Is it really that hard to figure out? No, I won’t be lying on the other side. I’m not your doormat. I know you’ll be lying on your side; it of course is your nature. There will be moments of doubt as I’m cruising down that highway mad on animal tranquilizers and lust. I will look in the rearview mirror and claw at the vinyl, I will ooze down between the seats and come up with a rattlesnake in my teeth but I ain’t ever coming back to open that door. So babe, the last time, was really the last time. Stick your tongue in the keyhole I dropped some acid in there, that’s the last trip you’ll take on my dime…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, why won't my comments come to my E-mail address?

The Cuke said...

sometimes those damn doors just need to fucking close..

Anonymous said...

the Buick was a nice touch.

Dave Morris said...

Your metaphoric writing is sensational. I can feel the pain as if it happened to me.

Steve, if this is true to life, hang in there. My wife recently left me, so I'm with ya brother.